Friday, November 5, 2010

Sound of the Week - Rye Whiskey

I really love music. I don't play any instruments, nor do I have any musical knowledge, but I do love music. So once a week I'm going to post a new song that I like to share with you my friends. Here's the thing though. Like I said, I don't have any musical training so I only judge songs based on two things:

1) I enjoy how they sound

2) I like there lyrics

I don't get into technical stuff. So if the guitar lines are too basic, the drumming is no good, or the bassist doesn't know what he's doing...I'm sorry. I just like how music sounds in my ears. Let me know what you think of the songs though.

Today's song is called "Rye Whiskey" by the Punch Borthers. All you Nickel Creek fans should enjoy this because this is Chris Thile's new band.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. i heard this band a few weeks ago on grooveshark and thought it sounded strangely like nickel creek. Thanks for clarifying that one kyle!

    ReplyDelete